Monday, January 28, 2019

Walking Down Memory Lane

1/28/19

 WOW!!!

I just drug out some OLD pictures from the mid/late 70's from our early years, BC (before children)😄

Now, I don't know if was just us, and it was the 70's, mind you, 😜 or whether it was the cameras we were using, but man, do I have some terrible pictures for memory keeping. However, an interesting thing happened as I was looking through them. So many feelings came to the surface as I reflected on all the different pictures I was holding in my hands. I was looking at a huge and significant part of my life. Between fond memories, grief, sentimental feelings, euphoric recall, laughter and downright pain, I felt a longing to be able to go back and do things over. To REALLY appreciate that time of my life and the people that are no longer with us. I am happy and blessed to have these pictures even though the quality and composition leaves a lot to be desired! I was not expecting this kind of reaction, since I just wanted to get them in a scrapbook and write "a little something" about each picture, which is what we scrapbookers do!
So, 40ᐩ years later, I find myself reliving these moments that I can really only get through looking at these memories frozen in time and appreciate them with all their beauty and faults.
Just like my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment