Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Brothers

I am working on some pictures of the boys before Daniel was born, December 15, 1992.
I have been memory keeping since being "snowed in" for the last few weeks.
It is so easy to look at old pictures from the 90's and want to crop them.
Instead of doing that, I have found that keeping the pictures mostly intact very necessary for me. I have decided to keep most of the dated appliances/furniture etc in the picture because that was a reality for my life at that time. I don't want to sterilize the past, but story tell it as accurately as I can for future generations to see!  That is the power of memory keeping and why I love it. Not all moments in time were picture perfect and fun and games, but that is the reality of all of our lives. My pictures are not magazine worthy with perfect smiles and poses, but they are real. Brown tint, off frame, over/under exposed and all. And that's reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment