Friday, February 19, 2010

Signs of Spring!





My sister gave me some trees a few years back.


They were from her first home which had a very small backyard. I was thrilled when she asked me if I wanted them, especially since they were fruit trees! To my surprise, they bloomed and bore fruit the first year they were planted! I ended up with two trees full of apricots that first year (the cherry tree was a little slower to produce) and I must say that I have never had such good apricots in my life!!! Unfortunately, the deer and birds must have thought so too, since they now come back every year to eat them off the tree before they even ripen. :(


Last year the cherry tree produced tons of cherries but the birds ate them all before they were even the size if a very small blueberry. Every year I tell myself that I need to put up a net to keep those rascals out and every year time gets away from me and I don't get it done. Maybe this year?...............Sylvia also gifted me with 4 more cherry trees that she started from seedlings that I planted along the fence line between the garage and house. Last year, they produced fruit and the birds once again raided them before I had a chance to enjoy them.

Today I want to try and get some before and after pictures and scrapbook them, and maybe keep a yearly diary of their growth :)








No comments:

Post a Comment