Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day 2011


I spent a lovely Sunday at my sister and brother in law's house for Father's Day. The weather wasn't great, but at least it didn't rain while the burgers were cooking! I brought a taco salad and between that and all the wonderful food, no one went home hungry! After we ate, we geared up for a game of Skip-Bo, which I hadn't played in YEARS, but I managed to win 2 of the 5 hands that we played!


Mom poses for a picture while dad deals the cards! Dad also had the card shuffling job, which was not too hard since Jeff and Syl have a battery operated card shuffler. They are serious about their card games! I spent Sunday morning making a couple cards for dad and Jeff. Whitey is in Minnesota visiting his dad so he didn't get one :(   I like to "custom" make my cards, so I usually wait until the last minute, but I seem to work better under pressure for some reason. Dad and I are both hopeless horse lovers, so he usually gets something "horsey" or western themed. I got the inspiration for this card on the Splitcoaststamper's site in the SU gallery.


Since Jeff is a musician, I decided to go with the guitar and I made my own background with it. I added the "joy" script because it needed something, and I really like how it turned out!


I also made an anniversary card last week for Syl and Jeff.
Wow, I must have been in a "brown" mood  ;-)  Oh well, they seemed to like it!


Yesterday I worked out in my yard which was in DESPERATE need of weeding. I wish I would have taken before and afters. Everything looks so nice today even though there is still so much to do, Don was nice enough to mowing and weed eating. Maybe I'll get out today and take some pictures before the weeds take over again, you know how they seem to grow overnight! ~later!~





No comments:

Post a Comment