Friday, June 17, 2011

For the love of Quiche!


Cindi's crab quiche

Quiche has always been a family favorite recipe. And no wonder. How anything so easy can be so good, is heaven for anyone who likes to cook........ or maybe needs to be discovered by someone who doesn't like to cook!
Whitey was able to get 6 HUGE crab right off the boat last week, and so I have been in crab heaven!
I have had crab chunks dipped in garlic butter, crab salad, crab muffins and finally crab quiche!
I have been cheating lately and  not making the crust , don't tell anyone! shhhhhhhhhhhh!
I just line my pan with parchment paper and dump in all of the ingredients. Delightful!!! It's not that I don't like the crust , because I do, it's just the lazy way to do it and I'm all about that ! :)
What I like most about quiche is that it is so versatile. Anything you throw in is going to be fantastic, so it is great for using leftovers. I had leftover crab , mushrooms and a red onion, so mine was just as simple as that. Just throw in  the half and half, swiss cheese, eggs and mayo and you are good to go!
My only complaint is that I only got one piece :(

1 comment: