Friday, August 19, 2011

Card trends

As one who loves to paper craft, I am constantly on the lookout for the latest trend that gets the immediate "how cool!" reaction out of me as opposed to the yawn. Since I have been making cards for over 10 years, I see many trends come and go but some that have been around for a few years now and still make me happy when I see them, are the fabric flowers. Still love to see them on cards!

I came across this one on Moxie Fab world and was immediately drawn to that flower!

Some other trends I still enjoy seeing on cards, are birds, (even owls, though lots of crafters are bored with the owl phase!), butterflies, newsprint or script, music notes, and the use of felt, canvas, sewing, baker's twine and other textures just to name a few!

bird and music notes

fabric flower and sewing

bird, clean and simple style

canvas, script, great textures

butterflies, ribbon

more music notes, baker's twine

butterfly, lace trim, paper flower

Aren't these great? There is so much inspiration out there in the blogosphere that unfortunately, I spend more time gawking and less time actually creating :(   
Pinterest is a great way for me to file all these image for quick reference when I need some inspiration!
Maybe I'll whip out a few cards today, I'm feeling inspired!



No comments:

Post a Comment